[Sunhelp] DLT4000 problem

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Thu Jun 29 05:20:12 CDT 2000

On Thu, Jun 29, 2000 at 09:19:00AM +0100, Eddie Watkins wrote:
> Hi
> Is there any way to manually eject a tape from a DLT4000.  We have a tape
> stuck and the 'operate handle' light is flashing, when I try the handle the
> 'Tape in use' light starts to flash and it will not unload the tape.  I have
> tried doing 'mt -f /dev/rmt/1 rewind' etc but they all say that no tape is
> loaded or the unit is off-line.
> Thanks
> Eddie Watkins

You're going to have to dissasemble the drive - sounds like you've got an
loose tape header inside the drive, broken tape, etc.

If you call Quantum tech support, they can FAX you a sheet on how to
properly dissasemble the drive, get teh tape out, and unspool any broken
tape from the internal spool.

(been there, done that.. a lot...)

Bill

--