[Sunhelp] Sparcstation 10 and SM81

Earl Baugh earl at baugh.org
Wed Jun 28 22:42:44 CDT 2000

Does anybody have a Sparcstation 10 with an SM81 module in it?
I've got a new SM81 module and am having a bear of a time getting it to
work...I'm trying to determine whether the module is bad or whether
I've got something else wrong.  I'm especially wondering if RAM
speed is an issue with these modules.  I've got a 2.25 PROM so I don't
think that's an issue.   I've tried the boot -r, and even tried to
re-load the
OS (Solaris 7) but still get panic's...

Earl
(p.s. I'm not currently subscribed to this list, so if you've got any
info, please include earl at baugh.org in your reply)