[Sunhelp] Samba--so close!

Jeremiah Bascue jbascue at teleport.com
Thu Jun 22 11:51:33 CDT 2000

On our LAN, we don't use workgroups. I substituted the workgroup name
with our domain name (PORTLAND). I think this is the hold up. Am I
right?

Here's my very simple smb.conf settings. I made them to be as simple as
possible just to get it going.

# Global parameters
[global]
        workgroup = PORTLAND
        netbios name = COBALT
        server string = Communi(k) Samba Server version 2.0.7
        encrypt passwords = Yes
        public = yes

[test]
        path = /export/samba/test
        guest account =
        writeable = Yes
        guest ok = Yes

The permissions are:
[       /export ]       How     can     I       help    you?    -->dir
total   10
drwxrwxr-x      4       root    sys     512     Jun     19      12:32
.
drwxr-xr-x      33      root    root    1536    Jun     20      15:41
..
drwxr-xr-x      16      anne    staff   512     Jun     6       14:18
home
drwxrwxrwx      3       root    other   512     Jun     19      12:33
samba