[Sunhelp] Delaying CDE Login

Eduardo Trettel trettel at dt.fee.unicamp.br
Mon Jun 19 10:48:49 CDT 2000

On Mon, 19 Jun 2000, Howard Hurst wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We've got an E450 box running Solaris 2.6 - when it boots up it starts loads
> of (Sybase) database services. It appears that the CDE login comes up before
> the messages about the database services finish. Is there a way to delay the
> start of the CDE login window so we can see that the database services
> startup ok?
>
> It's not really a big deal as I know we could check log files, etc after we
> log in..but we're lazy here and don't want to login unless we have to!
>
> Howard.

Howard:
	You have two choices here:
	a) completely disable CDE login by removing /etc/rc2.d/S99dtlogin
(not the best solution, anyway, but aceptable, let's say, for a server
where you don't actively use the console)
	b) insert a delay in the same /etc/rc2.d/S99dtlogin by placing
something like 'sleep 300' in the beginning of the 'start' section of
the script.

	Regards
	Trettel

E. Trettel <trettel at dt.fee.unicamp.br>