[Sunhelp] Delaying CDE Login

Howard Hurst howard.hurst at UnitedAdvertising.co.uk
Mon Jun 19 10:08:48 CDT 2000

Hi,

We've got an E450 box running Solaris 2.6 - when it boots up it starts loads
of (Sybase) database services. It appears that the CDE login comes up before
the messages about the database services finish. Is there a way to delay the
start of the CDE login window so we can see that the database services
startup ok?

It's not really a big deal as I know we could check log files, etc after we
log in..but we're lazy here and don't want to login unless we have to!

Howard.
______________

IMPORTANT. Any views or opinions are solely those of the author and do
not necessarily represent those of United News & Media. The information
transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is
addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. If
you are not the intended recipient of this message, please do not read,
copy, use or disclose this communication and notify the sender
immediately. It should be noted that any review, retransmission,
dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance
upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended
recipient is prohibited.