[Sunhelp] Solaris versions

Magnus Abrante Magnus.Abrante at nocke.Sweden.Sun.COM
Fri Jun 16 11:33:17 CDT 2000

> We just purchased some used machines and I was wondering if anyone knows of
> a quick and easy way to tell what version of Solaris the machines are
> running.

Othervise, if you cant run the (/bin/)uname command for some reason you
should find it when it boots up (saying something like: SunOS Release X.X
Version XXXXXXX), when you login, or normally in the /etc/motd and
/etc/release files.

Best regards,

        //Magnus Abrante
/* This is not the opinion of my company, its just my own */