[Sunhelp] Accidentally cleared out /var/sadm/patch on Solaris 2.7...now what?

SoupIsGood Food sigf at crosswinds.net
Thu Jun 15 05:44:22 CDT 2000

OK, I'm an idiot. I rm -r'ed where I shouldn't have rm -r'ed, and now I'm
fsck'ed. I zapped everything in /var/sadm/patch on a 32bit 2.7 box, which is
where the patches apparently live. I copied over everything from the
/var/sadm/patch directory on an identical system and rebooted, but I get no
love. patchadd -p says there are no patches installed...and I get a solid
stream of error code 8's when I try to install the 7 reccomended patch
cluster. More importantly, the patches needed to run our compiler don't
wanna install, because it can't find any of the prereqs. HEEEELLLP!

    -SoupIsGood Food