[Sunhelp] mail

Will Mc Donald wmcdonald at orctel.co.uk
Fri Jun 16 02:57:51 CDT 2000

I don't know if there's a preferred way of doing this but we use an alias to
all users in /etc/aliases. Create a mailing group alias called 'all' and
then add any group aliases already defined and any individuals that aren't
already included in any groups.

So you'd have something like...

    manag-group:    managera at domain.blah, manager2 at domain.blah
    devel-group:    developera at domain.blah, developer2 at domain.blah

    all:    manag-group, devel-group, usera, userb

Where usera and b haven't been included in any groups. Once you've added the
appropriate entries run 'newaliases' and that should do it.

Maybe someone else has a better suggestion though, if all you want to do is
alert all usrs on a system you could use 'wall' or 'rwall' but I suspect you
probably want to notify all mail users rather that all system users no?

Will Mc Donald - newbie.