[Sunhelp] Windows Issue

Anthony Grossi grossia at asterisk.sproj.psi.net
Wed Jun 14 15:17:05 CDT 2000

Hi Folks,

I have been trying to get rid of a bug for a looong time now.
I cannot seem to shake it.

At arbitrary times, while using Openwindows, the entire Openwindows session
will lock up.
The mouse continues to function, but I can do nothing else.  A "STOP-A" won't
even respond.

It has only happened while moving individual windows.

The only fix is to log in and kill the process labelled Xsun.

I have recently changed to FVWM as a window manager.  The same problem
occurs while running FVWM.  At arbitrary times while moving a window
the entire desktop will lock.

I am running Solaris 2.6 on an Ultra V w/ a 333MHz processor and 256M of RAM.

Regards,

Anthony