[Sunhelp] Admintool

Howard Hurst howard.hurst at UnitedAdvertising.co.uk
Wed Jun 14 05:30:51 CDT 2000

I'm trying to add a new printer on a Sparc Ultra 5.

However, when I try to start admintool as root (after I've su'd to it from a
normal user) I get an error:

"Error: Can't open display:"

I can display admintool as a normal user - but (as is the norm) don't have
permissions to to anything.

Any clues as to what's causing this? I'm guessing it's something to do with
the display variable (for user root) but don't really know where to begin.

I've tried searching the SunSolve website but haven't managed to come up
with anything yet....

I'd appreciate some help!

Howard.

______________

IMPORTANT. Any views or opinions are solely those of the author and do
not necessarily represent those of United News & Media. The information
transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is
addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. If
you are not the intended recipient of this message, please do not read,
copy, use or disclose this communication and notify the sender
immediately. It should be noted that any review, retransmission,
dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance
upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended
recipient is prohibited.