[Sunhelp] Information about Mail server and DNS Boss

Ramji Venkateswaran rv at gxn.net
Sun Jan 23 19:40:13 CST 2000

    Chris> 400,000?  That is pretty amazing - how many use it at once?

Replied offline. About 5,000 - 6,000 simultaneous dial up users. Remember,
it's a mail service, not a unix host, so we provide smtp outbound using
exim through multiple machines, and smtp inbound (From the world, to us)
via multiple machines running exim, and then a large cluster of machines
provide POP3 access via our own bespoke system (much of which, however, was
inspired by exim).

I can't tell you how much I owe Phillip Hazel 8))

Ramji

--
Ramji Venkateswaran		   			   GX Networks