[Sunhelp] Problem in booting from a mirror disk8 in a UE-250 server.

English, John John.English at Nextel.com
Fri Jan 21 14:20:02 CST 2000

Check the devalias file when at an OK prompt. Compare the paths of disk8 and
disk1, sounds like they may be the same.

John R. English
NEXTEL Communications
Unix Systems Administrator
Location 26C Brook Hollow
office: 678-291-3687
iDEN : 404-557-0142

-----Original Message-----
From: Srikanta Nayak [mailto:srikanta.nayak at cablecom.ch]
Sent: Thursday, January 20, 2000 4:58 AM
To: sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Subject: Re: [Sunhelp] Problem in booting from a mirror disk8 in a UE-250
server.

Dear Mr.English John

Thanks for ur response and suggestion.
Finally I succeeded in booting from the mirror disk...But instead of saying
boot disk8, I tried with boot disk1 & it worked. But now I would like to
know how it worked thought the target is 8...Yes both are same model disks &
all partitions are same...

Can u please clarify my above doubts ? I would be really very gratefult to
you.

Thanks again.

With Kind Regards.

Mr.Srikanta.