[Sunhelp] Rasterflex-32 and Solaris 7

sjf8 at cornell.edu sjf8 at cornell.edu
Fri Jan 21 12:34:51 CST 2000

Dear Experts,

I have ahold of (and am using as the console framebuffer for my
USparc-167) a rasterflex-32 card.  Its a pretty cool thing, and works
fine as a console framebuffer, but none of the drivers I've tried
installing (VITrdrvr revisions 4.6 and 5.0) seem to work.  While the
package is installing itself and adding the appropriate drivers I get
the error the the "drivers failed to bind."  And then upon a reboot
(after init 6) I get the message :

	NOTICE: Driver not found for console framebuffer

or something like that.

To my novice eyes this all seems to point to a lack of a working driver
for Sol7 and the Rflex-32, but I also thought perhaps one of you out
there had run into this before, and it just needed some tweaking.

Any suggestions helpful!

Saul