[Sunhelp] script for Changing root password

Steffen Grunewald steffen at gfz-potsdam.de
Fri Jan 21 06:37:57 CST 2000

On Fri 2000-01-21 (09:24), navin.soni at st.com wrote:
> hi ,
>
> i want to change the root passwd on more than 200 nodes.is there any way
> thru scripts or something that i can achieve this.

run a for/foreach loop over all machine names, calling sed, which has to
replace root:.............: (13 dots) by root:(whateveryourencryptedpasswordis)
in /etc/passwd and/or /etc/shadow. You'd need rsh access to the machines
without giving your password anyway...
--
Steffen Grunewald = steffen(at)gfz-potsdam.de = fax +49-331-288-1266
+ steffen.grunewald(at)gmx.de, (without subject) 9311356(at)scall.de