[Sunhelp] Communicator 4.7, Solaris 2.6, and applets

David Eisner cradle at Glue.umd.edu
Thu Jan 13 16:50:36 CST 2000

Hi.  My simple goal is to run a Java applet
inside Netscape Communicator 4.7 on a Solaris 2.6 box.
Whenever I load a page with an applet, however, the browser either
crashes or exits.  I'm going crazy!

I've downloaded the 128-bit encryption version,
from both Netscape and Sun.  The Netscape version crashes,
the Sun version (in the NSCPcomdo package) merely exits.

I set the MOZILLA_HOME environment variable to the
base of the netscape installation (with the netscape
executable as well as the java/classes/ subdirectory), so
it should be finding the classes.

What am I doing wrong?

-David

David Eisner            | E-mail: cradle at eng.umd.edu |
CALCE EPSC              | Phone:  301-405-5341       |
University of Maryland  | Fax:    301-314-9269       |