[Sunhelp] Need help with a sun classic.

alschult at vt.edu alschult at vt.edu
Thu Jan 13 12:20:22 CST 2000

I have a sun help and I don't have a sun monitor.  I would like for it
to boot to a serial so I can use a null modem cable.  It does have an OS
on it and tries to net boot.  I would like to be able to see what it is
doing and try to get it into single user mode.  It doesn't have a floppy
so I can't use a bootdisk to overwrite the OS or anything of the sort.
I have a type 5 keyboard with the lights on the capslock, compose key,
scroll lock and numlock.  They light up at the same time and flash 3
times when the machine beeps.  Anyone have any ideas on how to get it to
boot to the serial?  I've tried unpluging the keyboard and plug in the
null modem cable.

-A. Schultz
mwhahaha at vt.edu