[Sunhelp] ohno.mrbill.net / sunhelp.org IP address change, new connectivity

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Wed Jan 12 20:04:52 CST 2000

Tonight, sunhelp.org / ohno.mrbill.net's IP address changed from
198.214.131.15 to 207.200.6.75.  I also moved the machine from its
former home at the Computational Mechanics Company, Inc. (my former
employer, whom I thank for letting me leave the box on their T1 for
the past 3 months), and it now resides at my current employer, Austin's
finest ISP, OnRamp Access, Inc.  Total downtime was around 45 minutes,
due to COMCO being all the way across town from OnRamp. 8-)

Along with the IP address and facility changes comes a LOT more bandwidth.
COMCO's T1 was from the University of Texas, and fed off of their Sprint
DS3, which got TREMENDOUSLY overloaded at times (especially during the
school year, some days it was no better than a 128K ISDN line).  Now,
the site is multihomed with a DS3 to UUNet and fractional DS3s to MCI
and Digex.

No mail should be lost as the result of this move; there's a little bit
of mailing list backlog that is being taken care of right now, but will
be done in less than five minutes.  If anybody notices anything strange/
broken/unusual about the site or mailing lists in the next few days, please
let me know as soon as possible at mrbill at mrbill.net.

Otherwise, enjoy!

bill

--