[Sunhelp] SGI + Sun Monitor

Bjrn Ramqvist brt at osk.sema.se
Mon Jan 10 03:41:33 CST 2000

James Lockwood wrote:

> > What's more interesting though, is the fact that I can run a DEC (Sony)
> > VRT19-HA on this baby without problems. :-)
> > Those monitors were usually found running on either middle- to high-end
> > graphics capable VAXstations and DECstations, or on moderate graphics
> > capable Alphastations. (like the one sitting on my desk here at work)
>
> Indeed, many DEC and IBM monitors of the era can handle a variety of syncs
> without trouble.  The IBM 6091 can handle sync on green (as used by SGI,
> HP and IBM), composite sync (Sun) and seperate sync (PC's).  Great monitor
> to have on the test bench.  Heck, the 6091/23 makes a good bench all by
> itself (weighing in at 105lb).

Yes the 23" IBM is very impressive, as for the pure weight of it. Huge
in many ways.

I have access to a couple of IBM 5081 (20", 1280x1024 60Hz, 3 BNC), but
ofcourse, they are only running @ 60Hz which is by far to less for my
eyes to handle.

I've got a great price on a granite GDM-20D11 for $350, which makes me
think that only greed would force me into digging my GDM-20D10 baby
apart, instead of accepting this offer.
(although, I COULD try to get myself a VRT19-HA, but it's more likely to
have a fuzzier picture)

	/regards, Bjorn