[Sunhelp] Keyboard/Mouse protocols, etc.

Len French Jr/ frenchjr at mail.eecis.udel.edu
Fri Jan 7 10:08:57 CST 2000

I'm developing a new keyboard/mouse combination device. I want to
include Sun workstation compatibility in the device, but I haven't been
able to get a hold of any documents pertaining to the whole protocol.
I've been able to implement USB and PS/2, and Sun is all the remains.
Heck, I don't even know what the type of connection and cabling is
called!

Specifics:
    I need to know the protocols used to allow keyboards and mice to
communicate with Sun workstations. I need to know how to write software
drivers on Sun workstations. I need technical diagrams/documents on the
voltages, currents, pins, etc.

Where I've been:
    I've gone to Sun via phone and web. docs.sun.com, access1.sun.com,
etc.
    I found a driver developement site on sun's pages, but it looks more
for 64-bit PCI devices than what I'm looking for.
    I've posted to newsgroups and still waiting for replies.

Thank you so much, if you can't answer all my questions I'm still
grateful for anything you can help with,
Len
frenchjr at eecis.udel.edu