[Sunhelp] SSH on Solaris

Flynn, Harold M. III Flynnh at mont.disa.mil
Fri Jan 7 01:42:18 CST 2000

Latest greatest is 2.0.13, and can be gotten in source at
ftp://ftp.cs.hut.fi.  This is ssh version 2.  Currently, there's problems
with ssh1, and a buffer overflow contained in the rsa code that comes with
it (rsaglue.c if memory serves me correctly).

The other alternative right now is openssh.  This is a free (or as free as
the GPL can be) implementation of the ssh protocol.  More to be seen about
it at http://violet.ibs.com.au/openssh/.  IMO, it's an exciting development,
and doesn't have all the stipulations of ssh2.  However, it's freeware, and
I have yet to research it or test it out extensively.

Hal

Hal Flynn, ICS Inc.        Senior Systems Analyst
Defense   Information   Systems   Agency
flynnh at mont.disa.mil    Commercial:  334-416-3233