[Sunhelp] Low-end PCI serial card wanted

David Murphy drjolt at redbrick.dcu.ie
Thu Jan 6 08:45:54 CST 2000

WE're currently speccing a SunCluster, and have run into a serial port
shortage on the Ultra 5 we intend using as the Admin Workstation -
we'd like to connect a serial line for a UPS, another serial line from
ttya to our console server, and (of course) another serial line to the
cluster terminal concentrator. Clearly, we're short one serial port on
the Ultra 5 - given that we really want to avoid using LAN signalling
on that UPS, we'd like to source a PCI card with a serial port -
unfortunately, most vendors seem to carry only multiport serial cards
(way more than we need), or HSSI cards. What I'd really like is a PCI
card with a single plain ordinary serial port - any suggestions?

--
"You can ISO9001 certify the process of shooting yourself in the foot,
so long as the process is documented and reliably produces the proper