[Sunhelp] Solaris 8 rules ... Nifty X Features?!?

James Lockwood james at foonly.com
Thu Jan 6 03:03:07 CST 2000

On Tue, 28 Dec 1999, Bill Bradford wrote:

> Not in 5.8 Beta_Refresh:
>
> bash-2.03$ man Xsun |grep xinerama
> Reformatting page.  Please Wait... done
> bash-2.03$

My mistake.  See Xserver:

[+-]xinerama
enable(+) or disable(-) XINERAMA extension. Default is disabled.

> But, I think he's looking for this section:
>
>              The Xsun server also supports the format used by the
>              X11R6  sample  X Server. Multiple screen systems are
>              specified by using the following syntax on the  com-
>              mand line:

No.  This is the standard method of running multiple heads, without
enabling Xinerama they will not be merged.

New in OpenGL 1.2.1 is support for "proper" OpenGL multiplexing across
multiple screens, though I've not tested it.

-James