[Sunhelp] Sun 3/75

Phil Brutsche pbrutsch at creighton.edu
Sun Jan 2 11:06:30 CST 2000

> I'm looking to aquire a Sun 3/75 sometime this week. For the OS, would
> it be better to go with Sun OS 4.1.x, or NetBSD/Linux?

NetBSD.  Why?

1) NetBSD is one hell of a lot newer than SunOS
2) Linux support for the Sun3/Sun3x series sucks (if it exists)

> I know you can dl the tape files for SunOS, but I don't have a tape
> drive to create them.  Or could I just have it be a diskless client,
> and boot off one of my SPARCs?

The boot PROM on the 3/75 should know how to do a net boot; it should also
know how to boot from floppy if it has one.

Phil Brutsche					pbrutsch at creighton.edu

universe. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein