[Sunhelp] PHP3 support in Apache?

Paul Khoury pkhoury3 at earthlink.net
Sun Jan 2 05:33:55 CST 2000

I'm having trouble compiling Apache/PHP3
I did a fresh install of gcc 2.8.0, and got the following error while doing "configure":

Creating Makefile in src
 + configured for Solaris 260 platform
 + setting C compiler to gcc
 + setting C pre-processor to gcc -E
 + checking for system header files
 + adding selected modules
 + checking sizeof various data types
 + doing sanity check on compiler and options
** A test compilation with your Makefile configuration
** failed. This is most likely because your C compiler
** is not ANSI. Apache requires an ANSI C Compiler, such
** as gcc. The above error message from your compiler
** will also provide a clue.
 Aborting!
#

Am I doing something wrong here?
I downloaded 2.8.0 from nce.sun.ca (aka sunfreeware.com), installed using pkgadd as usual,
installed okay, but I can't compile anything.

TIA for any suggestions,

Paul