[Sunhelp] Solaris 2.7

Jarrett Carver solarboyz1 at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 24 09:14:39 CST 2000

We are looking at upgrading from 2.5.1 to Solaris 2.7 on our user
workstations. However, we will still have 2.5.1 on almost all of our servers
including NFS servers. We had a guy here mention that there was a problem
with NFS between 2.5.1 and 2.7,  I got this second hand so I don't have any
details on what he actually said or may be talking about.

Question: Since I figure there seems to be a wide range of experience pooled
on this mailing list, perhaps some of you have 2.5.1 on servers 2.7 on
clients and could clue me in on any potential difficulties.

Thanks in advance.

Jarrett Carver
http://www.geocities.com/solarboyz1
Unix/NT Systems Administrator		    rboyz1 at hotmail.com

"UNIX...is not so much a product as it is a painstakingly compiled oral
history of the hacker subculture. It is ourGilamesh epic"
-- Neal Stephenson "In the Begining was the Command Line"