[Sunhelp] RPC

Flynn, Harold M. III Flynnh at mont.disa.mil
Wed Feb 16 20:11:11 CST 2000

Ok, I'm full blown confused.  Here's the issue:

As I understand it, when an RPC request is made by a client, it first goes
through inetd much like a TCPMUX style query.  From inetd, it's passed to
rpcbind, which keeps a mapping of all the registered rpc services.

If this is factual, then why ARE there entries for rpc services in
inetd.conf?  I'm having some trouble finding and documenting this.
Additionally, the above paragraph is the way I understand the operation of
rpc....is it correct?

TIA
Hal

Hal Flynn, ICS Inc.     Senior Systems Analyst
Defense    Information  Systems   Agency
flynnh at mont.disa.mil    Commercial: 334-416-3233
DSN: 596-3233