[Sunhelp] netra memory upgrade

James Lockwood james at foonly.com
Tue Feb 15 13:08:47 CST 2000

On Tue, 15 Feb 2000, jeet wrote:

> We are installing additional  memory on our headless netra 150s.  The
> machines were shipped with a 256MB board installed and 256MB boards in
> the box.  Does anyone know of a good resource that describes how to
> configured the add-on memory modules?  Or, if not, how do we configure
> the boxes to recognize the additional memory?

The Netra 150 is a perversion of an Ultra 1/170 in a tower chassis that
looks like it was hit by a rampaging foam blow-packer.

Other than the difficulty of opening the case it's straightforward.  It
has 8 DIMM slots and memory is installed in pairs.  You probably have
256MB "kits" (2 128MB DIMMs) and a pair of 128MB DIMMs already installed.

If so open up the box, look for where the existing modules are installed,
and install the next pair in the next available slots.  That should be
sufficient.

This procedure is also covered in more depth in the Netra 150 maintenance
manual, which can be downloaded or viewed at docs.sun.com.  I recommend
printing a hardcopy for reference if you have lost the original manual.

-James