[Sunhelp] 670mp -- what is it

James Lockwood james at foonly.com
Mon Feb 14 01:50:42 CST 2000

On Mon, 14 Feb 2000, Kent Rankin wrote:

> 	My old 4/670MP(from the North Carolina SC Center's old T3D) had audio.
> It was standard 4/670MP.  Do the later boards have audio as well?

All of them have an audio socket, but the earlier hardware didn't have a
full implementation from what I remember.  Not a big deal since the vast
majority of them were sold as servers.

> 	I've always wondered about that.  I was coming from the Hardware FAQ
> from memory.  I could be wrong, but doesn't it sport an odd number like
> that for the max RAM?

Officially, 2.5GB.  You could arrive at the 640MB figure if you populated
the 64-SIMM boards with 1MB SIMMs, but 4MB and 16MB work just as well.

-James