[Sunhelp] 670mp -- what is it

Kent Rankin krankin at usit.net
Mon Feb 14 00:40:43 CST 2000

> Someone has a 670mp for sale, and I am wondering what it is.
> Can someone fill me in on what it is?

	It's a deskside Sun SPARCServer.  Weighs about, erk, 150lbs(if memory
serves me correctly).

	Has a drive cabinet(four 5.25" drive slots; two on each side of the
front; and a four spaces for hard drives in the back).  The drive
cabinet is composed of two drive trays, if I haven't been able to paint
the picture too well.

	The VME chassis in the back has 16 slots, if you don't include the
power supply(12 open, if you do).

	The motherboard has 32 SIMM slots onboard(30-pin parity RAM, if I
recall correctly).  It also has onboard SCSI-2, 4 SBus slots, 2 MBus
slots, audio, a partridge in a pear-tree, and a couple of 25-pin
EIA-232.

	It only requires 120V power, unlike it's big brother the 4/690MP which
requires 240V.

	If memory serves me correctly, you can load the system with up to four
processors(via two SMxx2 processor modules) and 640MB of RAM.

							Hope that it helps,
							Kent Rankin