[Sunhelp] Solaris 7 pointers

sunhelp at orn.net sunhelp at orn.net
Sun Feb 13 18:14:52 CST 2000

I have installed Solaris 7 on a Sparcstation-10 and I have several
questions to which I have not yet found an answer.  If these questions are
answered in some central sources that I have missed, kindly direct me
toward them.

I am concerned about Solaris security, especially since the boxes seem to
want to have X running by default.  If these are just mail and webservers,
can I disable X without causing any problems?  I installed the MU2 cdrom
also, but I was wondering how I can find out which patches are avaiable
from Sun which I might want to install.  Is there a tool for this?

I would like to be able to come up with a simple solution to mirror
partitions from one machine to another(they will be homogenous hardware
and OS/daemons).  Is there a good, secure solution to this without
resorting to third party software and hardware solutions?

Thanks in advance,
Pete Morgan