[Sunhelp] Netscape Mail Svr on Solaris vs MS Exchange on Intel

ds ds at primenet.com
Wed Feb 9 19:55:59 CST 2000

Grab a copy of Netscape Communicator  4.6 or 4.7 and nab a PalmPilot and
get busy.  If you can get the two working well, then management will
probably get off the Microsoft bandwagon.  We are currently running a
Exchange on NT shop and this is something that you won't like if you are
coming from a Sun/Netscape solution.  *ANYTHING* you do with the
Exchange/NT server involves rebooting and thus, bringing down everyone's
mail.  I don't know about you, but for us, that is 4,400 email accounts
down.  Please don't mis-understand, Exchange generally does a good job,
but after using a Sun/Netscape solution, you will find some of the
Exchange/NT nuances aggravating.