[Sunhelp] Need help on anonymous ftp..

Srikanta Nayak srikanta.nayak at cablecom.ch
Tue Feb 1 07:47:02 CST 2000

Dear All.

I am configuring anonymous ftp, just going thru  "ftpd" man pages, which
seems to be not enough for setting up the same. can anyone suggest me from
where can I get a better document?

Q.1 Following are errors appearing on console when one quits from ftp
session logged as "ftp" or anonymous

ERROR: ftpd[340]: open_pam_conf: stat(/etc/pam.conf) failed: No such file or
directory

There is no entry for ftp services in /etc/pam.conf. Even I tried  rebooting
server after making entries for ftp as like below:

ftp   auth      required   /usr/lib/security/pam_unix.so.1
ftp   account   required   /usr/lib/security/pam_unix.so.1
ftp   session   required   /usr/lib/security/pam_unix.so.1

still the error continues to appear.

Q.2  After logging as ftp, ls command doesnot show anything .

257 "/pub" is current directory.
ftp> ls -l
200 PORT command successful.
150 ASCII data connection for /bin/ls (10.1.1.65,38931) (0 bytes).
226 ASCII Transfer complete

I would be very thankful to you if anyone could suggest on the above
mentioned .

Thanking You.

Regards.

Mr.Srikanta.