[SunHELP] Raid help needed

Chris Ihlenfeld sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Wed Dec 6 19:41:09 CST 2000

Our hardware is as follows:
Intel Solaris 2.7
Antares Fibre chanel (qlogic2100)
Infotrend 3101 external fibre raid controller
8 - 50g fibre drives

We had shut down this external raid a few months back so we could ship to
another location, but it never came to be.
  When we took it down, we just unmounted the array. When we tried to bring
it back up, we tried to re-mount it. That didnt work, the OS complained
about an unformatted/non-partition device. I tried to re-partition/format,
but the format/fdisk utility on saw only 6 gig of 400gig. It would show up
correctly in format, but as soon as you partitioned it, it would only be 6gig.
We have tried to manually specify the specs, but doesnt work.
We finally lost the ability to even see the array in format.
So, we decided it was time anyway to upgrade the OS from 2.6 to 2.7 and
start from scratch.
After installing a fresh Solaris 2.7, and installing the drivers for the
hba, we still cannot see the array in the format utility. It is working, as
we can access the drives and raid controller thru the raid manager util
that is installed on the box.

Am I missing something?

Chris