[Sunhelp] Graphic display on a SPARCStation 20

Doug McLaren dougmc at frenzy.com
Thu Aug 31 11:35:01 CDT 2000

On Thu, Aug 31, 2000 at 11:50:27AM +0200, jimmy.storback at systeam.se wrote:

| After installing Solaris 7 on my SPARCstation 20 i get the following error:
|
| NOTICE: Can't find driver for console framebuffer
|
| I know that my graphic card is a CG14 and i have tried everything i had
| found on the SunSolve website.
| I also have the required packages installed to support my graphic card.

CG14 is the built in video on a SS20.  It only works if you have a
VSIMM in there ... do you?  (they're rare and expensive.)  If you do,
it should be supported on Sol 7 just fine.

The VSIMM fits into a memory slot, but is longer (there's two slots
that are bigger to accept a VSIMM or a smaller memory simm.)  It
should be pretty obvious if you look for it.

If you really have a ZX24 which is a large two-slot video card, this
isn't supported under 2.7.  You'll need to either go back to 2.6 or
copy some files from 2.6 to your 2.7 installation which will work but
it won't be accelerated (at least that's what Bill was saying - he did
this a while back.)

--
Doug McLaren, dougmc at frenzy.com             Many are cold, but few are frozen.