[Sunhelp] Re: Solstice Backup DBU 5.1.1 and Solaris 8

Tom Lieuallen toml at engr.orst.edu
Thu Aug 24 10:43:53 CDT 2000

Thanks for the reply.  I do see Solstice Backup 5.5.1 on Sun's price
list.  We are successfully running Legato 5.5.1 on Solaris 8.  And,
Legato officially supports Solaris 8 at 5.5.1.  So, the 'no version'
that you heard from the Sun rep isn't quite accurate (at least not
now).  I had blind hope that 5.1.1 could be made to work, especially in
32 bit mode.

Nobody else has jumped out of the woodwork, and as this is a fairly
active group, I'm going to take the lack of positive reinforcement
to mean that I'm SOL.  :-)

Thanks to Vinay Bharel as well, for his suggestion to look into BRU,
www.bru.com -- as another cheap backup alternative.

thanks

Tom Lieuallen
Oregon State University