[Sunhelp] RE: Solstice Backup DBU 5.1.1 and Solaris 8

Magnus Abrante magnus.abrante at sweden.sun.com
Thu Aug 24 10:00:26 CDT 2000

> Lara Vernon wrote:
>
> We recently had local representatives from SUN upgrade our two E3000 servers
> to Solaris 8 and were told by them that there is, as yet, NO version of
> Solstice Backup that is compatable with Solaris 8.  We've had to revert to
> ufsdumps!!!!!

Solstice Backup 5.5.1 works nicely on Solaris 8, however you will need
a product patch (108556) to get it to install, and a Solaris patch
(108884) which will make it run better. Even if those only are availabe
to contract customers.

best regards,

        //Magnus Abrante
/* This is my opinion and not the one of my empolyer */