[Sunhelp] Solaris Version Preferance

Magnus Abrante magnus.abrante at sweden.sun.com
Thu Aug 24 04:03:11 CDT 2000

> What are your preferances in terms of Solaris?
>
> From what I've heard
>
> 2.6 = Ultra Stable, Run this is you want stability
> 7 = Nice update, but pretty unstable
> 8 = Fix cause 7 was so bad?
>
> Anyone else have any input?.

Humm. 2.6 is very stable indeed, Solaris 7 was not much of an update,
in fact you had 2 major things that was updated between the Solaris 2.6
and Solaris 7 -> the UFS logging and 64 bit support, even if the 64 bit
support was a major change to Solaris.

Its don't think you can classify 2.6 as more stable than 7.

Solaris 8 however has a lot of new features and updates.

        //Magnus Abrante
/* This is my opinion and not the one of my empolyer */