[Sunhelp] Ultra 2

Hal Flynn hmflynn at earthlink.net
Sat Aug 19 10:34:39 CDT 2000

They've either stopped production, or will by the end of the summer.
PCI/UPA is the way they're going now, as seen in the Ultra 5, Ultra 10,
etc.

Looks like the bigger servers are going to be staying sbus, at least
until the Serenghetti line of servers (which as I've heard from reliable
sources are hotswappable from disk to processor to everything) come out
in Decemberish or so.

I've also heard some vicious rumors about the UltraSparc III coming out,
but I'll believe that when I see it.

I'll not mention taking a look at SUNW.  :)

Hal