Kiddies...(Was Re: [Sunhelp] wow.)

Brian Scanlan singer at redbrick.dcu.ie
Tue Aug 15 03:56:31 CDT 2000

On Mon, Aug 14, 2000 at 11:57:03AM -0400, Chris Petersen wrote:
> At least there seems to be a touch of the Openstep type stuff there...But
> anybody's window manager project that mentions Windows 98 as much as GNOME's
> UI pages do is an immediate turnoff in my book.

Gnome's not a window manager, the window manager that "ships" with the
HelixCode Gnome desktop is "Sawmill". Despite the kneejerk "Ugh, Windows
sucks" reaction that most (certainly around here) suffer from, there were some
good ideas in Windows that MS fscked up that the Gnome folk reckon are a good
plan.

--
Columnated ruins domino,
Canvas the town and brush the backdrop.