[Sunhelp] bind 4 vs bind 8 on OpenBSD

Pete Fritchman petef at databits.net
Sun Aug 13 19:26:10 CDT 2000

While bind 8 hasn't been through the "OpenBSD audit" (which is great), it can be
made very secure and fool-proof.  Look into the "-t" option of named (chroot),
so you can give bind a sandbox to play in (there are good FAQs on the web on
setting up a bind chroot).  This has proven effective and secure on my machines.

On the other hand, I know plenty of people who run bind 4 and have no problem.
The key with either version is just keeping up to date with the latest version,
8.2.2 P5, and 4.9.7 (i think).

-Pete

++ 13/08/00 17:06 -0700 - Gregory Leblanc: