[Sunhelp] Most issues installing Solaris 8 on SS10.

Magnus Abrante magnus.abrante at nocke.Sweden.Sun.COM
Fri Aug 11 01:54:04 CDT 2000

The kernel can't mount the filesystem because tries to mount it
from the path where it was on the classic, which is different
from the one on the SS10.

Since it cant mount the / file system it never get as far as to
the reconfigure.

Since you cant do a boot cdrom i would instead try a:
boot -a
and then specify the path to the physical root device when prompted,
you can probably figure out which the correct device path is by looking
at the path to the scsi bus and the choice it will give you.

Hope it helps,

Regards,

        //Magnus Abrante
/* This is my opinion and not the one of my empolyer */