[Sunhelp] mount error

Habib M. stmp at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 9 23:04:02 CDT 2000

Hi,
In my ssol 2.6, i have mounted /usr and /opt and created some swaps that
points to different partitions of my external disks.
When I mounted the /var to the last open partition and modified the
/etc/vfstab and rebooted: i got the following error during the reboot
and after commenting out the /var entry in the /etc/vfstab and rebooted
again the error message was gone but i did not have the space i wanted for
my /var.

error message during the boot up:
/c0....   is already mounted,  /var is busy, or the allowable
number of points has been exceeded.

Is it really number of mount points or what?. How could i fix this?.
Thanx.
HM