[Sunhelp] Redhat 6.2 installation on Sparc 5

Dan Alderman d.alderman at 180sw.com
Wed Aug 9 04:13:46 CDT 2000

Hi,

Being new to sparcs (but a long user of RedHat on intel) I need a little
help please.  I have a Sparc Station 5 which I need to get RedHat 6.2
onto so I can do some BigEndian testing.

I get through most of the install with no problems, but when the
shadow-utils package is about to be installed the machine just hangs???
This is the second CD I've tried so I don't think it's that.

Has anyone else had this problem?  Is there a fix?

Many thanks,

Dan.
Dan Alderman                Software Engineer OneEighty Software Ltd.

OneEighty Software Ltd.     Phone: +44 20 8263 2333
The Lansdowne Building	    Fax: +44 20 8263 6314
2 Lansdowne Road
Croydon                     Email: d.alderman at 180sw.com
CR9 2ER
UK