[Sunhelp] help for SUN monitor !

Richard richard at close.u-net.com
Tue Aug 8 16:26:20 CDT 2000

shivraj yadav wrote:

> Hi Friends,
>
> I require u'r help. We have recently got a Enterprise 3500 with 2 CPU cards
> (4 controllers), 2 I/O cards with GBIC interfaces & one IB card, which loops
> back to the I/O card on slot 1 thru a fibre optic cable which again will
> communicate with FC-AL HDD's.
> My problem is we got a wrong shipment of Elite 3D graphics I/O+ card which
> has come PCI based. And the system has no PCI interface, all are SBUS. So
> now i have hooked up a dumb terminal to the tty A port to carry on the
> installation.
> Now i have to carry out installation of store edge L1000 DLT drive. being a
> newbie i have no idea how to go abt it. I need help as to how i shd proceed.
> Also i wanna know whether i can fix my SUN IPC sbus graphics card on any of
> the SUN3500 sbus slots & make the SUN monitor work? Since any further
> installatios wld require graphics assistance & this wld be difficult to get
> frm a dumb terminal. So can any one tell me how shd i make the SUN monitor
> work.

 I have an Sbus TGX card which I would love to swap/partx for a PCI
card! I don't
know for sure but, I think the IPC card may work on a suitable monitor.
Read the
framebuffer FAQ (link is on the sunhelp home page) and if it looks OK
plug it in!
To try it out you need to do: "setenv output-device screen" after a
Stop-A.

 Best of luck!
    Richard.