[Sunhelp] backup on sunos4.1.3

Dennis L. Lund dllund at hermes.nextel.com
Mon Aug 7 17:39:49 CDT 2000

I would use dump to make your backup if you don't have a vendor supplied backup
software.  Dump, tar, and cpio do not do any media, checking.  The backup may
complete, but you will not know if the tape is actually good/bad untill you try
to restore from it.

I thought Sun was not providing Y2K patches for SunOS4.1.3.  The last I remember
was that SunOS 4.1.4 was the oldest version that Sun was going to maintain.
Although I have seen quite a few 4.1.3 patches coming from Sun lately.  I never
paid any attention to them since we nolonger run any 4.1.3.

Dennis L. Lund
e-mail: dllund at hermes.nextel.com