[Sunhelp] help for SUN monitor !

shivraj yadav shivrajyadav at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 7 00:16:48 CDT 2000

Hi Friends,

I require u'r help. We have recently got a Enterprise 3500 with 2 CPU cards
(4 controllers), 2 I/O cards with GBIC interfaces & one IB card, which loops
back to the I/O card on slot 1 thru a fibre optic cable which again will
communicate with FC-AL HDD's.
My problem is we got a wrong shipment of Elite 3D graphics I/O+ card which
has come PCI based. And the system has no PCI interface, all are SBUS. So
now i have hooked up a dumb terminal to the tty A port to carry on the
installation.
Now i have to carry out installation of store edge L1000 DLT drive. being a
newbie i have no idea how to go abt it. I need help as to how i shd proceed.
Also i wanna know whether i can fix my SUN IPC sbus graphics card on any of
the SUN3500 sbus slots & make the SUN monitor work? Since any further
installatios wld require graphics assistance & this wld be difficult to get
frm a dumb terminal. So can any one tell me how shd i make the SUN monitor
work.

thanks in advance,

Shivraj