[Sunhelp] Can't load drivers error message

Wilson, Chris chrwilso at cisco.com
Wed Aug 2 23:07:54 CDT 2000

HELP!

Upon reloading Solaris 2.6 on a Ultra10 with and IDE drive, I get the
following errors after booting:

"Cannot load drivers for /pci at 1f,0/pci at 1,1/ide at 3/disk at 0,0:a

"Can't load the root file system"

When using probe-IDE the IDE drive is seen by the system. Everything
seems to load to the disk OK during the
installation process.

When I look at the disk in using the format command, after a re-boot
from cd-rom, format sees the disk as disk 0
but the device string ends with "dad at 0,0" instead of "disk at 0,0:a" as in
the error above.

I'm new to Sun and Solaris and would appreciate any help. Any info on
where and how drivers are delt with in Solaris
would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris Wilson