[Sunhelp] new tape library

Lee Khuong lkhuong at theALLIEDgroup.com
Tue Aug 1 13:27:07 CDT 2000

Naser,

change directory to mapping of tape devices
# cd /dev/rmt

and do listing to see what the logical mapping of those drives are:

# ls

you should see something with 0 0n.... 1 1n ..... 2 2n.... and similar
increment numbers to that effect.

Put a tape in one of your new drive and do a tar test

# tar cvf /dev/rmt/0 /etc
or
# tar cvf /dev/rmt/1 /etc

and see which tape drive lights up during the tar process.  This is
assumming you don't have an internal 8mm tape in the E3000.  If you
already had one in there, try:

# tar cvf /dev/rmt/1 /etc
or
# tar cvf /dev/rmt/2 /etc