[Sunhelp] Need NeWSprinter20 Help.

Jonathan Eisch jeisch at boku.net
Sun Oct 31 15:29:04 CST 1999

Gilbert Groehn wrote:
> I have tried all of the common commands in lpc to enable the printer but
> nothing sofar has worked.

In all honesty, this 'really' sounds like a hardware problem.  Like,
make sure it has toner (or ink, I don't know much about a newsprinter),
and all that stuff, and that it is connected to the right port on the
system.  It really doesn't sound like a software setting, or anything
like that.  Also, how did you move it?  Perhaps you have static
electricity built up somewhere that it interfereing with the printer.
I'd just give it another look over.  I've had problems where I plugged a
device into serial B, and spent hours figureing that it should have been
A.

Just a thought, I may be (and very well could be) wrong,
Jonathan

User:  "I just moved my computer, and now my printer doesn't work, and
my files are gone."
help desk:  "You forgot to plug in your patch cable."
User:  "No, my system is broken, it boots up just fine, but then I can't
print or get my files of the server."
help desk:  "You forgot to plug in your patch cable."
User:  "No my system is borken!  Come down here and fix it!"
help desk:  "What type of connector does your patch cable have?"
User:  "Here, let me check" (sound of user moveing his computer, and
looking down)  "oh, here's the....  Nevermind."

CLICK.