[Sunhelp] [bryanf at samurai.com: Solaris upgrade, tapes hold less]

Bryan Fullerton bryanf at samurai.com
Mon Nov 29 18:38:30 CST 1999

I just recently upgraded an E450 from Solaris 2.6 to Solaris 7.  This machine
has a StorEdge L280 jukebox attached to it.  I also upgraded Solstice Backup
from 5.1 to 5.1.1 so this device would be recognized (a required, but not
documented [that I could find] upgrade).

After the upgrade(s), my DLT tapes only hold 20Gb, not the 32Gb they used
to hold.  This is obviously a problem - my full backups now span three tapes
instead of two.

The jukebox device is using /dev/rmt/2mbn as it's drive device - has the
DLT sizing convention changed between Solaris 2.6 and Solaris 7?

Any hints would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Bryan

--